gallery: your laptop!!

ooh i love macs :)

1. i have mac osx installed on my pc (using now)
2. friend has an imac core 2 duo
3. other friend has a powermac G3
4. moms friend has a macbook (which i helped him buy)

My dream computer is an $18,000 Mac Pro with 2x 3.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processors, 16GB RAM, 4x 720GB Hard Drives, 2x Apple Cinema HD Displays (30"), 2x 16xSuperDrives, Bluetooth and Airport Extreme, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Fibre Channel Card and Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

I figure it could power a light weight car if need be.

Dot Cong said:
My dream computer is an $18,000 Mac Pro with 2x 3.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processors, 16GB RAM, 4x 720GB Hard Drives, 2x Apple Cinema HD Displays (30"), 2x 16xSuperDrives, Bluetooth and Airport Extreme, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Fibre Channel Card and Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

yeah!!!! that's one heck of a machine :D that deserves a rep point!

Dot Cong said:

Actually, the Mac Pro uses two Intel Xeon processors. The Core 2 Duo doesn't support multi-processor setups. ;)

That's still pretty sick though. :)

borat_sagdiyev said:
no not 6ghz. you cannot add it.

true, but with two dual core processors that thing has got to be pretty fast. Also if apple were to put two quad core chips in there, imagine how fast it would be.

Dot Cong said:
Oops my bad, they're Xeon Dual Cores. But still, that's 6.0GHz and 4 cores, right?

Yup, that's four physical processors right there. :)

As for clock speed, you can't just add them up. It doesn't work that way.

i just bought one of these yesterday for lugging around and music. Yes i know it is a toshiba but its Qosmio and havent had any complaints about that line yet. Built in tv tuner FTW
0,1425,i=107270,00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom