What american accent do you have?

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
This is really cool, go here and find out what american accent you have.
http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

Here's what mine said:

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Heh, my Edinburgh accent gives me a Midland accent from that site as well :cool:

True really, the Edinburgh accent is quite bland and soft...

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

heh i got mostly Philadelphia (i'm 30min away from Philly)

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

haha... i'm from wisconsin....

The Inland North which is exactly right lol, although I don't think I have an accent lol

Lol, I live in southern Alabama (Dothan) and I got the same as the OP: The Midland.

i got the western accent even though im canadian/polish :)

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

This makes sense, being that im Canadian. But i thought i would check because southern Alberta is supposedly most influenced by America out of all areas of Canada.

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom