Car Thread!

My car idles a little rough though, so I'm trying things to see if it would help with it. I know 4 cylinder motors are naturally unbalance, it just seems a little more rough than it should be.

cabbspapp said:
My car idles a little rough though, so I'm trying things to see if it would help with it. I know 4 cylinder motors are naturally unbalance, it just seems a little more rough than it should be.

its really not supposed to be rough...and ive never heard that they are naturally unbalanced...

At least what I heard is that they aren't naturally balance, and tend to vibrate a little more. But anyways, the filter is clean too, so that isn't the problem either.

There's a possibility uou may smooth your idel. It didn't do much for me, just stopped the misfire in one of my cylinders. 4-cyls have a tendency to vibrate a lot because of certain positions of the pistons in the engine, at certain points two pistons hit top dead center while the other two bottom out. Other engines exhibit less of this "extreme" situation. It just comes down to geometry of the crankshaft.

D-Lew said:
There's a possibility uou may smooth your idel. It didn't do much for me, just stopped the misfire in one of my cylinders. 4-cyls have a tendency to vibrate a lot because of certain positions of the pistons in the engine, at certain points two pistons hit top dead center while the other two bottom out. Other engines exhibit less of this "extreme" situation. It just comes down to geometry of the crankshaft.

True, since the crankshaft is where the counterweights come into play. I'm gonna go ahead and do the plugs and wires anyway, just because it's not a big investment. It will either help/fix the problem or eliminate one of the possible causes at least.

could be yoour idle controller...mine went on my jetta

New Pics:
DSC05223.jpg

DSC05221.jpg

DSC05225.jpg

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05220.jpg

I know its Kinda dirty ill get some better ones this weekend hopefully!!

Nice antenna! I shortened mine, too, but dang man. That's crazy. Looking good!
All you need now are some nice big rims.

Look at that van booking it in the last pic!

Yeah, don't bling it out. I think some race-style 17's would suit you best. I would say drop it as well, but that can get pricey if you do it right.

I finally made a CarDomain page! Check it out if you want, it's got the whole story of the car.
Click me

KJ, I signed your guestbook.

Personally I love these rims...though I dont know how they flow on the car:
borbet-a.jpg

if not maybe someting like this:
Motegi-2357FF5HyperBlack.jpg

not those motegis but a 5 dual spoke, im a fan...

Back
Top Bottom