Helicopter crash

celegorm said:
but is it the whole truth? Yes we are dying. Yes our British Brothers-in-arms are dying right beside us, but is that the only thing going on? no. How many of them have we captured? How much has their life improved? Now you may look at this and say, "It hasn't, they now have risks of being bombed by their own people as well as us" but you have to look byond that. they have say in their life now. they don't have to fear saying anything bad about their government or being mis-interpreted.

war is hell, people die, but thats not everything. We have trained their police force and defense forces. They are getting better every day. Every day they take over a little more. How is it not good that we train them to defend themselves?
Very true, excellent point! I agree 100%, we have captured and taken care of people who have hurt their own country and many people are thankful the US has stepped in.

Looking back... this thread changed drastically from what it was originally ment to be.....

sorry Brook.

Ha i'm sure a helicopter crashed. Probably local Iraqi's killed them but American Media cant put that on the news so they have to make some huge helicopter story.

celegorm said:
but is it the whole truth? Yes we are dying. Yes our British Brothers-in-arms are dying right beside us, but is that the only thing going on? no. How many of them have we captured? How much has their life improved? Now you may look at this and say, "It hasn't, they now have risks of being bombed by their own people as well as us" but you have to look byond that. they have say in their life now. they don't have to fear saying anything bad about their government or being mis-interpreted.

war is hell, people die, but thats not everything. We have trained their police force and defense forces. They are getting better every day. Every day they take over a little more. How is it not good that we train them to defend themselves?
They may not have fear in saying stuff in their government but that's really it. Walking to school or work is full of danger, different sects there are kidnapping and gunning people down. It's good that we're training their police but reports say they're under equipped, lack some training because they're being rushed through the process, and even infiltrated with insurgents. At this point the conflict is really out of the hands of the Iraqi police and army.

All I can say is that democracy does not work everywhere. You can't simply remove one leader, stay there and impose another form of government upon it's people without some resistance.

Sure, they should be glad the US is helping out, but we as a country have to realize what we have done as well. The conflict in Somalia back in 1991 or so is a good example of what happens when US intervention outlasts it's welcome.

On one English paper's front page this morning there is a large pic of the plane's pilot that killed the English soldier.

^Mike^ said:
true, only bad news is news in todays society. (most of it anyway)
the phrase is...

"if it bleeds, it leads"

Bad news sells more coppies.

alvino said:
All I can say is that democracy does not work everywhere. You can't simply remove one leader, stay there and impose another form of government upon it's people without some resistance.

well it does work everywhere, but I get what you are saying. You can't rush democracy into another country. They have to adopt it themselves and be ready for it. Sure they could use the help of other countries, but the key is that they really want it.

Back
Top Bottom