please copy and paste

lol i didn't imagine somethign this big when i put it in my sig, but hey, if it gets more support i'll love it.

[edit] I've had the following in my AIM profile since 9/11 of last year (2005). It doesn't fit in my sig on here, so this will be a nice place to share it:

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

For any of you from different countries, you could easily change the "American" to "British" or "Canadian" or what ever you nationality happens to be.

nice :) i like it, well yea hopefully some of these people will come to their senses and copy and paste ;) and support our veterans and active troops!

You don't have to put that in your signature just to support our troops. ;)

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Being as I'm British, I almost find that offensive, no American GI has ever died specifically for me...

however, I do support troups, (of all nations), including the British, (as I have some friends there) and the American tourps (as I have some cousins in th US forces).

Comon root, i made that mention about how it can be translated to different countries for that very reason. I didn't want to exclude you, because your soldiers are fighting for your freedoms. I reconise that, so i tried to include that.

alvino said:
You don't have to put that in your signature just to support our troops.
wink.gif
true, but it does stop and get people to think.

I realise that...
notice I said almost offended, I'm well aware that most of america is blinded by patriotism at the moment...
and if it's not patriotism, then it's religion...

both are contained in that statement, and (IMO) both are wrong...

but feel free to be patriotic, I was just casting a shaddow that's all.

ah, i didn't notice the "almost" in your original statment untill now.

you do raise an interesting point about being blind... not sure if i agree with it or not, its just a take of it i've never thought of before..... (its not worth arguing that tho)

hascet said:
Did you forget about WWII?

Heh!!!!

WWII, I think you should explore the reasons why the states finally entered the war .........millions of people died in that war, not just the GI, they all died for a reason........

I suppose this thread has the potential to go out of control, but you do no need to understand how that post could be quite offensive to people....The GI is not the saviour of the world as much as Bush would like us to think so, with him at the head as God!!

(need an eye rolling smilie right now)

Back
Top Bottom