Laptop Fan

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, umm i have a weird problem with my new laptop (dell 1501) lately the fan has been running high non-stop, even when im not doing anything, before it would hardly come on even when im just surfing the internet, the cpu never goes above 10% usually while im on the internet, any ideas?

the processor is running at 58 celsius while im on the internet, thats pretty high isnt it?? and there is hardly any heat coming out of the fan port, could there be a heatsink problem?

i'd tear it apart and blow out the fan with canned air, its possable to have dust keeping heat in causing teh fan to spin faster to cool your system.

hmm... now for once in about 3 days its off.. idk whats going on, ill have to call dell

normally just taking off the basic covers (lids over RAM, HDD, etc) does not void the warranty. If you have any documentation for it, take a look in there and see if it mentions anything. If it doesn't, and you still want to make sure, you can give dell a call.

but other than that i honestly don't know why your fan would be running higher.

Support Our Troops! Copy and Paste This Into Your Sig!
Woohoo its started! Just to give you a fair warning before a mod talks to you, that put your sig to six lines.

oh ok, thats what it thought, but yea ill take a look at it, i bet thats the problem, just some dust on the heatsink, ty for the help

and yes its started!!!! maybe we should start a thread? and yea ill change my sig, real quick, TY!!

Back
Top Bottom