Gmail or google not working?

JMayle7

Solid State Member
I have been trying to log into my gmail account for about a week now and can't do it. When I try to go to gmail.com it says IE cannot link to the server and firefox cannot connect to the server at google.com. When I try it on AOL it atleast lets me go to google.com, but not gmail. I have tried clearing all cookies and cache but nothing has worked. Any reccommendations? Thanks for the help.

you try threw a search engine
like in google type "gmail" then click on a link

i have seen this happen before. try logging onto yahoo email. if you do not have one, have a friend log onto it using your computer. if it does not allow this eitiher in IE or FF, then its a virus that i have seen infect several comptuers. All of them had the same carictarists as your problem as well as what i have described above.

if you have norton or any other virus scanner, with recent updates, it should find this if you have it. If it comes up clean, run anti-spyware programs and hijack-this. let us know the results.

I tried and this is what I get:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

celegorm said:
i have seen this happen before. try logging onto yahoo email. if you do not have one, have a friend log onto it using your computer. if it does not allow this eitiher in IE or FF, then its a virus that i have seen infect several comptuers. All of them had the same carictarists as your problem as well as what i have described above.

if you have norton or any other virus scanner, with recent updates, it should find this if you have it. If it comes up clean, run anti-spyware programs and hijack-this. let us know the results.

OK, I will try this. Thanks.

I tried logging into yahoo mail and it let me. I am extremely confused why it only not works with google. I just ran AOL's spyware scan and it didn't find anything. I am now running virus scan on McAffe.

^Mike^ said:
That is odd, I would call your ISP and see if they have anything to say.

I just called comcast and the guy said he had no clue and told me to have a nice night. The only thing he said is that it may have been a browser hi-jacker. My virus scan is still running so we will have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom