will it work??

cuttersblade

Baseband Member
Just started to put my new pc together and after i put the mobo in, i noticed that the PCI-E slots on the mobo dont line up with the slots on the case, will it all still work or do i need to change the case??

Should work..what do you mean they dont line up with the case? They dont have to line up with the case... Or are you saying the screwholes in the motherboard dont line up with the ones on the case?

cuttersblade said:
Just started to put my new pc together and after i put the mobo in, i noticed that the PCI-E slots on the mobo dont line up with the slots on the case, will it all still work or do i need to change the case??
They're not supposed to line up exactly with the slots on the case, they are offset a little bit. You'll see when you go to install a card.

As long as the motherboard lines up with the backing plate on the case then everything is okay.

what i meant was that the expansion slots on the back of the case dont line up with the PCI-E slots on the mobo, other than that the mobo fits fine.

Like I said....wait till you go to install a pci-e card and you'll see that it's all perfect :)

Back
Top Bottom