Portable hard drive DVD player

RyanD

Baseband Member
I want something that I can carry around on trips that has all my dvds on a hard drive that I can play on any TV. Is there such a device? Instead of hauling all my dvds on a trip if I want to watch some, i would like to be able to just have a hard drive or something that plugs into the tv that will play the files. The movies on the hard drive would be ripped copys of my own, using DVDShrink.

Also, are there any portable dvd players that I could use that would access the hard drive and play the movies?

I am not sure there are actual hard drives that you will be able to play on your tv, unless you have a computer hooked up to your tv as well. But you can get a usb jump hard drive from any computer hardware website and it should be able to store your movies with out a problem and allow you to watch them on any computer.

And to answer your 2nd question: Yes, I believe there are portable dvd players that have a usb slot to add a harddrive, so you can listen to music or watch movies.

Also, if you want something compact, you might look into Apple's IPOD. The new series allows you to convert and watch movies directly in your hands.

medabomb2000 said:
Also, if you want something compact, you might look into Apple's IPOD. The new series allows you to convert and watch movies directly in your hands.

Or of course, theres the Zen Vision M, etc in the Creative range of products which is better with video :p

Kage said:
Or of course, theres the Zen Vision M, etc in the Creative range of products which is better with video :p
Agreed.

If you're going that route, get the zen vision m

You mean something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-HDD-Multime...QQihZ018QQcategoryZ111503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3.5" HDD Multimedia Player Box Divx DVD Mp3 with Remote Control

Description.JPG

Package.JPG

Back
Top Bottom