Is Vista worth it!?

rswan12

Solid State Member
I basically want to know... Should I get Vista??? (I want to get the Home premium Version)

My Specs:

- Intel Pentium D 840 3.2gGHz DT 800FSB Socket 775
- Intel D945PVSLKR Socket 775 Motherboard
- Ultra 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz
- Sony DRU810 16x DVD Burner
- Seagate 250GB EIDE HD 7200/8MB/ATA-100
- EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB PCIe w/DVI/HDTV
- Windows Xp Home edition

so... i want my computer to run this thing real smooth. Will it?

also.. is Vista even worth it in the first place? I've got the cash, but is it a good operating system in general?

Are there any kinks that I should know about? Should i wait till these kinks are worked out or will i simply be able to download these patches easily later.

finally... will my games, that I can play on Xp, run smoothly on Vista

remember, this is for HOME PREMIUM

Thanks a lot... :)

Well, hard to say, it was just released and if you like having the newest of the new then go for it. Otherwise I'd wait untill they fix some bugs that are out there.

toole13 said:
maybe like 3.1 jillion years give or take. hows that sound newbie

that almsot sounds like its being said as an insult..... whats with that?

but anyways, i'd wait alteast until about june. that way all the big issues are worked out and more programs/drivers are avalable.

To kind of contradict my self alittle bit, if you really want it, get it. i have played with it at work and it seems stable and is deffinatly a great OS. good look, good feel, and overal a nicer layout.

oh, almost forgot, you should be able to run it smoothly.

toole13 said:
maybe like 3.1 jillion years give or take. hows that sound newbie
:mad: That remark was was wholly unnecessary & to me, at 4 months your'e still a newbie yourself, behave in future.

I notice you didn't say it to ^Mike^, you wouldn't have got away with it with him! :(

it's alright guys, I know that kid.

he's the one who directed me to this website.

but i still want to know if my games that i play on xp wil work on vista!!??

Try and see, try Virtual Machine. Put Vista on with the game and away you go. Therfor nothing will be harmed!

yeah they should work just fine.But keep in mind that Vista uses more computer resources -> less resources for games -> lower fps. Don't know how big the effect will be, but I doubt it will be that big.
There was an article about vista and gaming at gamespot.com, though I can't seem to find it anymore.

rswan12 said:
it's alright guys, I know that kid, he's the one who directed me to this website, but i still want to know if my games that i play on xp wil work on vista!!??
I've checked both your IP's & you're in the clear, the IP's are very similar, do you live in the same area, or are you at school/college together, welcome to Computer Forums!

Back
Top Bottom