Quick CPU cooling question

I already bought the second one listed above. I haev a question, I am going to download 3dmark, but the 06 one has a minimum req. of a 2.5ghz processor. Can I still use my core 2 duo which is only at 1.97 because it is a different type of processor?

I am going to try the torture test as well.

when u think of dual core takes the ghz times it twice for the 2 cores and then another time for the load it can take
so it of it more like almost 4 ghz compaird to a one core prossesor

esa193 said:
when u think of dual core takes the ghz times it twice for the 2 cores and then another time for the load it can take
so it of it more like almost 4 ghz compaird to a one core prossesor

No, a dual core cpu isn't like that. A single-threaded application won't run any faster, regardless of how many cores you have, because only one core needs to tend to that program.

So I cant run 3dmark 06? Cause the only one that supports ghz less than 2 is the 04 I think. Thats the paste I got too.

Ok, I'm going to try that and the torture test soon, and I am going to OC very slowly but a little bit every day or so, and hopefuly I can get it up to a high speed. Currently I am using the linked mode to OC, so it clocks the ram up a bit too. Is that bad?

Back
Top Bottom