DVD Burner is messing up...HELP

DantheMan1

Beta member
1st off..I'm new, so if there is anything I forget to mention I apologize.

So heres the problem, my dvd/cd rom doesn't show up in "my computer", doesn't work if I put a cd/dvd in it. When I go to device manager, there is a "!" next to the driver code (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N) and it doesn't get fixed if I unistall and reboot or try to undate it. I'm completely lost here cause it was working fine a few days ago and I didn't change anything that would affect it(that i know of)

Thanks

It sounds like the drivers are corrupted. Try using system restore to restore your system to a date when it was working (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore).

If you've got a CD that came with the drive, try running that again. If you don't have it, get the drivers from here:
http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp

Is this a clean install? Have you installed the mobo drivers? What things have you done to the pc before the problem happened? If its not a clean install, then try deleting the IDE controllers in safe mode and rebooting, coz they could be corrupt.

freestyler105 said:
It sounds like the drivers are corrupted. Try using system restore to restore your system to a date when it was working (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore).

If you've got a CD that came with the drive, try running that again. If you don't have it, get the drivers from here:
http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp

I tried that and it won't install the new drivers because it can't detect where they're suppose to be going (can't find the hardware) and I do have a CD but can't run it while my roms down.

"Is this a clean install? Have you installed the mobo drivers? What things have you done to the pc before the problem happened? If its not a clean install, then try deleting the IDE controllers in safe mode and rebooting, coz they could be corrupt."

UMMM... Yes?(No idea actually) I didn't do anything to my pc prior to this and I did try deleting the IDE controllers but that didn't work either.

I read somewhere that you should have 1 ribbon wire thing connecting your hard drive and rom (which i do) but can't see it being a problems because its always been like that.

Back
Top Bottom