Recent friendly fire incident

The main problem in regards to this situation that I can see is the fact that when these tapes were requested for the inquest into the death of the british soldier the americans denied that they did not exist.

They then found their way into the hands of the british press, well one paper in particular which published them. The fact that we are meant to be their allies, and Blair is so far up Bush's backside and they still couldn't tell the truth.

Only now have they said that they will release the video footage its a bit late now because its all out in the open anyway. I feel for the soldiers family yes I know soldiers know what they are getting into but for it to be covered up like that, but is that really a surprise because cover ups happen all the time, and not just by the americans but by us as well, and about every nation that has gone to war and has armed forces...

samurai said:
Its a terrible thing thats happened, but it really wasnt the pilots fault.

It's rarely the pilots fault.
I saw this one vid where a US F-16 (I think) bombed what very much looked to be a group of about 20-30 civilians. But it clearly wasn't the pilots fault, he just said something like "I have a group of about 20 people coming around the corner" and then the guy on the radio just told him to take them down. I can't blame the pilot for something like that, sure he was the one to release the bombs but they do what they are told to do.

the reports i saw only mentioned one tank being hit. how many vehicles were damaged?

hey does anyone remember the ff incident with two challenger tanks firing on each other as well
think it was about march lst year

celegorm said:
the reports i saw only mentioned one tank being hit. how many vehicles were damaged?
You're correct, it was a five vehicle convoy, but others must have been damaged because the convoy leader, a Captain was also killed

well look at it this way, i mean yes it is horrible that we killed one man and wounded another from what i just saw but with the massive destructive power of that a-10 good thing the whole convoy wasn't destroyed.

Ronco Rox said:
well look at it this way, i mean yes it is horrible that we killed one man and wounded another from what i just saw but with the massive destructive power of that a-10 good thing the whole convoy wasn't destroyed.
Tell that to his parents, they are already very upset, that they haven't heard what happened in three years!!

things like this rarely happen, but you can't rid the fact that they DON'T ever happen. This tells you that the world isn't perfect. I'm pretty sure communication between two parties can minimize friendly fire deaths and damages.

Back
Top Bottom