Game freezes then error codes

Okay I never had this problem before but for some reason when I play BF2 now I can get about 5 mins into a game then all of the sudden it will lock up and my computer reboots itself. Upon restart it says the usual windows has recovered from a serious error. Clicking on the detailed portion these are the following errors i'm getting but not understanding how this effects what i'm doing?

C:\DOCUME~1\Matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd4a0.dir00\Mini020407-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd4a0.dir00\sysdata.xml

How would I go about fixing them. I went under my documents however can't find a local folder, i've searched through windows but get a message that says it refers to a connection that is not available it could be on your harddiske or network. I also searched through run for the file but get the same message.

I guess I need to know how to run windows repair and target the missing files right? Never done that before looking for some insight. Thanks guys.

Not sure about that, but ya need the debugging tools from MS website to read a .DMP file. Did it send an error report to MS after it happened?

no need to do something that drastic for this. not yet anyway.

looking on google it seems like numerous people have solved this by updating drivers and increasing virtual memory. i'd give those a try and see how it works.

[EDiT] WOOHOO 500 POSTS BABY!

everything you can find. all motherboard drivers except video and sound if you are using seperate cards. If you are using onboard vid and sound then update these.

then go to all the addons. if you do have a off-board videocard and sound card update the drivers, as well as any other pci device you have.

Also, you probably can't see the Local Settings folder because it is a hidden folder and you most likely havnt got hidden folders to show....

Open My Computer, click Tools>>Folder Options. Now click on teh View tab and scroll down to the Hidden Files and Folders part, make sure that Show Hidden Files and folders is selected.....Now see if you can find the file..

Matt

Back
Top Bottom