Recent friendly fire incident

Brookfield

Golden Master
I'ts all over the papers & TV, in England, every news report, from 6am to midnight & beyond, all day yesterday, & expect all day today, can I just ask our American members if they are getting such a news coverage?, apparently there has been four seperate incidents dating from the late eighties, the father of the British soldier who was the last one to be killed in this way, said as he was shipped out, "Watch out for those damned yanks"
Facts, there were orange markers showing up clearly on the HUD in the A10's denoting allied forces, they show the footage on the TV, including the moment when the strike occured, & it was said that classifed information was withheld, but someone leaked the video record, US aircrew can be clearly be heard saying "shit, oh man, we're for prison"

I'm going to say, as I always do, friendly discussion only please, & I'm only saying what I heard, & will try my best to remain unbiased.

FF happens... It happens more when you have substandard recuirtment ploicies for the army.

Was it by the army?

its getting some coverage here but not much. my Road Runner home page had a link on thier site for about 5 minutes linking to the radio convo. It was interesting, and there was a conflict on weather or not it was an enemy convoy or not before the attack. you can hear people debating on the radio on what it is. One piolet thought it was the orange markers, the other thought it was rockets from a mobel rocket launcher.

Its unfortunate that it was a FF incedent. whats even more bothersome is the fact that it happened in either '03 or '04 according to the RR article, and its just coming up now. Then again, who likes to report FF incednents? Anyone remember waht happend to NFL start Pat Tilman? the Army covered up his FF death for what six months? I guess we jsut don't like to have that image....

Nik00117 said:
FF happens... It happens more when you have substandard recuirtment policies for the army, was it by the army?
No, it was by USAF A10 "Tankbusters", [read my post more closely] flown by highly skilled pilots, not grunts.

I haven't heard anything about this yet in New York. So you're saying some American plane shot down one of it's British allies?

freestyler105 said:
I haven't heard anything about this yet in New York. So you're saying some American plane shot down one of it's British allies?
Another one, don't you guys read the opening post I made in my forum it's all there!!
read.gif

Breaking news, officials at the Pentagon hve just said that they will release "that" video to the Coroner!

Back
Top Bottom