Car Thread!

THis Saturday, I've got an appointment with the fleet manager at Lexus of Tustin. He's working on a couple of good deals for me. He sounds pretty sincere and trying really hard to get my payments to around $5xx a month. I got a call this afternoon and it sounds like it may be working out. It might be extended to 6 years with some money down. But paying a high down payment won't really drop the monthly payment too significantly.

I'm getting the ground kit, rear spoiler as options. 18" wheels are standard and so are the bi-xenon HID's. It's going to be one sweet ride.

D-Lew said:
Aw man, but the Borla really sounds so sexy on the 2.3 Duratec. I think the Magna will be too loud and fart can-sounding on this engine. But whatever man, I guess Borla is pretty expensive. I love mine so much though and sounded way better than magnas on other Foci.

I mean, seriously man, how can you say no to this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GmkOQtsUC6E

And if you're running that through a good subwoofer sound system, that is EXACTLY what it sounds like on my Focus. Perfect.

Nahh, the magna doesnt sound Ricy...I had it on a 2.0 Jetta and it sounded just as deep and throtty as my dads 3.0L I-6 BMW...its not the ricy loud noise its nice and thoaty...

and my car has 2 cats and a muffler...

My friend's 62 Oldsmobile Starfire, it's his first car too.

star2.png

star3.png

star1.png

Cool stuff. I told myself if I didn't get a newer car I'd try to grab a 57 Chevy in decent shape and fix it up, love those cars.

Looks awesome, I can't wait to start doing stuff to my car. This weekend I'm gonna start by replacing the plugs and wires, and possibly filter, but I wanna get a CAI later, because the filter box in my car takes up a lot of room, and the inside of it looks restrictive, there's a small hole where air enters the box.

You know what's really weird about his car? It only has 9X,XXX miles on it.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother on plugs and wires until they go bad. I waited for mine to go out and replaced them with a set of Ford Racing wires (nice wires for $30) and some Bosch plugs. Don't spend too much on them, either cause they won't do much for you.

If you want mild power, intake and exhaust is the place to start. If you want to go big, just start saving up for a turbo. You may be able to get by with just a K&N drop-in filter, I know that on the Focus they flow almost as well as the conical filters until you start getting into headwork and cams and such.

Yes. My transmission broke 5 hours after I put rims on, so I had to buy another $500 part to fix it. It's supposed to firm up my shifts, too.

Back
Top Bottom