Game crashed, now no video Help

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
So i was playing WoW then all the sudden my game froze.. (it does this alot by the way, then if i can Ctrl Alt Del my way out of it when i try to restart game it gives me an error about 3d accelerator cant be started or something so im forced to restart) I restarted my computer using the reset button and when it was starting up nothing was being displayed on my moniter. Its like in sleep mode. Ive tried unplugging all the moniter cables reset the surge protector. restarted the computer countless times..Temps inside the case aren't high or anything and i wasn't doing anything that demanding for the video card. How could i fix this issue. Moniter is dead from beginning Bios wont even show. My case attracts alot of dust could this be the issue? Should i take it to the garage and blow it clean with a compressor? Also i know that the monitor isn't an issue because this has happened to my alienware and i tried a different moniter..still same problem.. TY

Sounds like a video card problem. Did you have it overclocked? If you've got a spare video card somewhere, try using that.

No i did not have the card over clocked. I did have the CPU oced though. I don't have another card handy either...Are there any other possibility's?

i'm willing to bet its your video. you said your case attacts lots of dust. this could be the cause of the card dying. Dust keeps what ever it is on insulated, so in this case, it will keep all heat on the cards. Blowing out the case would help other components, but i think your cards is dead.

P.S. If you are using a normal air compressor, and not canned air, be extreamly carefull, if you use too much psi you could damage your components, keep it low

I just took out the card and took out some of the dust that was in the fan... There really wasn't that much on the card. My dad had a card that died because of dust and heat and it smelt like it was burning too. My card has no odor at all...In my case there aren't any clumps of dust its more like a thin sheet at the bottom and like i said there wasn't that much on the card. There is a 120MM fan blowing in from the side almost directly at it.

Either borrow a video card from a friend or pick a cheap one up from your local computer store to confirm that it's your video card causing the problem. Until you test your setup with a different card, there's really nothing else we can do to help.

1. blow out your PC with Duster

2. Reset your Computers BIOS

try it and see if it works.

3. If not try a different vid card

Back
Top Bottom