master restore

proculus5

Beta member
does anyone know how to do this, i tryed doing ctr+f11 at the start up screen, it says cannot restore i don't have the cd to do it is there any other way?

First time ive ever heard it called that, but if thats what ya wanna call it then you go for it lol.

Raffaz said:
Whats a master restore??
basically all the recovery data(software , drivers ) is stored on a seperate partition on the hdd and then press f11 or f8 or other at bios screen and then it reads the restore partition and then restore windows xp or whatever was factory installed , also my laptop has an option to make a restore dvd and then gain back space lost to recovery partition

it is mainly an OEM thing

Ah right there ya go then, ive never bought a computer like that, always built me own lol :)

Raffaz said:
Ah right there ya go then, ive never bought a computer like that, always built me own lol :)
yes i know i only just found out when i bought my laptop and it came with no restore disk , i was like huh where is it , then i read manul and realised

ArrizX said:
You mean a ReFormat?
Yeah, thats what i was thinking, a clean install from an image on the HDD. If it wont boot into it when it normally does, then its possible that the partition with the image on is corrupt or something.

Raffaz said:
Yeah, thats what i was thinking, a clean install from an image on the HDD. If it wont boot into it when it normally does, then its possible that the partition with the image on is corrupt or something.
maybe it dosent have an image on the hdd and just uses a restore dvd , or i have seen in the case of a lot of second hand pc's the restore partition is removed by the shop e.g. or have you changed the hdd

Back
Top Bottom