ah the time has come please help

peteroakes

Solid State Member
ok the other day i posted a thread saying that i have either spyware on my pc or a virus.
i have tried ad aware se spybot search and destroy registry cleaners avg antivirus windows deffender NOD anti virus (i think thats the name) and still no luck.
i still keep getting a icon on the bottom right toolbar that looks like the icon when ur firewall is turned off that says your pc is infected . and today i have lost my internet connection on that pc.

so now my question to you is what is the next step??
re install windows? format?? or any other ideas??
also the pc is a packard bell amd 3400 so will i need the packard bell drivers or will the drivers that windows installs work? any help is much appreciated!

sure its the same as the icon that u get when u turn the windows firewall off.

a red shield that has a x inside

and my fire wall is on :) if i click on the icon it say do u want to install a "registry cleaner" or sumthing like that

Im assuming this appears at startup. Is there anything in the startup tab if you run msconfig from cmd console that shouldnt be there?

yeah there are a couple have just disabled them and restarting will let u know what happens in a min
ps thats for helping

hmm still pops up with that shield and no internet access. if i were to format my pc would i have to find packard bell drivers or would the windows xp drivers be fine?

it pops up with a tool bar in the color of the tool bar it says question do you want to update security software and download registry cleaner?

it deffinatly sounds like a virus/spyware infection. thankfully you havn't installed that program yet (if you do i'm sure your computer won't work after.). If you do reformat drivers would be questonable. some might come in off of XP, but others would need to be installed off of HP's website, or off the CD's they gave you.

You might wanna try running some more spyware programs like spysweeper XoftSPYSE, spyware doctor etc. Also try using hijackthis and post the log. As for the drivers, You could always download them first, just in case you need them after reinstall

Back
Top Bottom