Why Cant I Format Windows ???

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hi everyone, for the past 24h, I been trying to format my windows. The problem is when I boot from my windows CD I am then taken to the blue screen and I am prompted to three options, 1st Install windows 2nd repair windows and 3rd exit this menu. I then click the 1st option, I believe by clicking “Enter” or “S” and then it sass “Windows were not able to find any HDD on your computer………..etc”

I was told because I have 2 HDD in a raid 0 config that I need a 3rd party drivers. So I found out that I need Silicon drivers, I did that by looking on my screen when the comp boots up “Silicon SataRaid” or something like that. So I went to the Asus website and I tried downloading Silicon drivers.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Motherboard
Socket 939
A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Then I click search, then I go to drivers. I tried the following drivers:

1st (4th from the top)

V1.0.0.9
Win2K / WinXP / Win2003
Silicon Image 3132 Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.9 for Windows 2000/XP/2003.(WHQL)
355.77 (KBytes)

2nd (5th from the top)

V1.2.3.1
Win2K / WinXP / Win2003
Silicon Image 3132 Raid 5 Driver disk V1.2.3.1 for Windows 2000/XP/2003.(WHQL)
579.79 (KBytes)

3rd (7th from the top)

V1.0.0.9
Win2K / WinXP / Win2003
Silicon Image 3132 Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.9 for Windows 2000/XP/2003.(WHQL)
919.53 (KBytes)

I don't have win 64 bit so I don't need the drivers 4 it.

I then tried them 1 by 1, by transferring them to my floppy.

So now I do the same thing boot from CD, blue screen, press F6, then it finds the drivers I have a choice of ether select winxp and 2003 or Win2k so I select the first one which is win xp, I then click enter, then It loads up windows and then I am prompted to the blue screen again with following options, 1st Install windows 2nd repair windows and 3rd exit this menu. I then click the 1st option, I believe by clicking “Enter” or “S” and then it sass “Windows were not able to find any HDD on your computer. Same thing as it did B4……….

Please help me out !!!!!!!!!!

Can i install windoes just by puting in the cd and then follow the instructions? will it install 2nd windows or will it remove the old one and put in the new one? (its the same version by the way) i just want to reformat it.

there should be some SATA/Raid drivers that came on your CD as well, have you tried those.

Did you set up Striping in the BIOS correctly?

i believe you use NVRaid.

Have flashed to the most current BIOS?

I am at work right now, but il deff give it a shoot once im back home. Thanks.

Is there any other way for me to do a CLEAN install of windows xp on my comp?

LambOfGod said:
there should be some SATA/Raid drivers that came on your CD as well, have you tried those.

Did you set up Striping in the BIOS correctly?

i believe you use NVRaid.

Have flashed to the most current BIOS?

Sata/Raid drivers, will they be on the Win CD?

I have no idea how to setup Striping.....

how can i flash most current BIOS??

Lamb u helped me b4, ty, i really hope u can as well this time.

Zer0Cool said:
I am at work right now, but il deff give it a shoot once im back home. Thanks.

Is there any other way for me to do a CLEAN install of windows xp on my comp?

Yea install windows on just one drive.

one PHYSICAL drive. plug one of your 400s into SATA1, Boot up via windows CD. load your SATA drives if they are required, and format and install.

LambOfGod said:
Yea install windows on just one drive.

one PHYSICAL drive. plug one of your 400s into SATA1, Boot up via windows CD. load your SATA drives if they are required, and format and install.

i really want to keep them in a raid 0

lamb please look above this post.

Back
Top Bottom