Car Thread!

Hmm what are the differences in the 250 and 350?? Havent researched anything about those cars..

The 350 has that huge ass 306HP monster of a V6 while the 250 has a smaller block 204HP V6 motor. That's about it. More of the luxury features are treated as options which makes the IS model "cheap" compared to the higher class ES, GS series sedans.

The 350's engine design is most impressive. How on earth do they deliver that much power? I see V8s that doesn't even come close to that rating. The 350 can perform 0-60 in 5.3 seconds while the 250 has a time of roughly 8 seconds for their 0-60 time. Yeah, big difference.

The 350 has dual VVTi (meaning both the intake and exhaust valve timing can be varied) to roller rockers to direct fuel injectors. The direct fuel injectors are backed up by port fuel injectors (like having twin injectors). The 350 uses a new engine design developed by Toyota. The IS250 is different. That's why it's cheaper too.

Oh so the motor is what i thought because the look the same dual VVT-i dang you should get one if you can :D, I actually like the IS better than the GS seems to long.

Anything higher than an IS model is for old people. Seriously, all the drivers I see that drive the ES, GS, SC, or whatever are like in their late 30's-40's. People like me are targeted at the IS series because of the slick sportier look + the performance to die for. I just love it.

Yeah your so right the IS looks more aggressive. I love their new look and they have Led license plate lights thats why most on SL got that idea on puting leds on our plates hehe.

I didn't know they were LED's, but I did notice they were like a hyper white type color (like the HID lamps), all for license plate lighting, lol. I hate those adaptive lighting that Lexus have. I don't want the lights to turn on an angle. Plus, they have these ugly looking reflectors on the IS's rear bumpers. So ugly and dumb looking.

I actually like those reflectors on the rear bumper they accent the sharp looking tails the IS has. Yeah some of the scion owners went to the dealer for some and they costed 76 dlls for a pair of LEDs haha when you can get an aftermarket one for like 8dlls and have the same look hehe.

The Scion tC's got way more legroom than my Corolla will ever have. I'm exactly 6 feet tall and by moving the seat all the way back and reclining it, I can fully stretch my body and fall asleep in the car. Another reason why the Corolla has got to go. I sleep in there sometimes, lol. Schedule is too hectic.

Yeah yeah tell your friend he can make a bed on the tC!! take off the head rest slide the seat all the way to the front and tilt it all the way to the back and it will merge with the backseat making it a bed! I love my car and i love scion it has a lot of cool features. When i first saw scion on car show at 2004 i think i thought eww ugly boxes but now i actually like the xB's

1: Grounding the Throttle body in a car with Drive by wire CAN decrease response time from you pushing the pedal to the car getting gas, and sicne the 3 has lousy grounding it is a nice improvment...oh and I CAN NOT rev the engine from the hood, all cables to open the TB are inside the casing

2: Advanced ignition timing is done by moving a sensor on the crank, it was factory adjustable to allow them to optimize it for 87! octane, I now have to run 89 (maybe still havent tested 87, but I might)

3: resonator delete is due to the fact that is it highly restrictive and is used to lower the in cabin noise are partial to full throttle, now less restriction = louder growl = happier me

all those gains added together should be about 4-6HP/TQ throughout the RPM band from the Dynos I was seeing...

next: short shift kit, intake (SRI, or CAI not sure, dont like the idea of CAI right now but who knows), exhaust, SUSPENSION!!! but that wont be for atleast almost 2 years i bet...

Back
Top Bottom