Car Thread!

Nice Garage... Wish I had one right now. That stuff looks pretty cool, it must be nice out there since you're detailing. Right here it's in the 40's so no sir. Although I did clean the grease off the rims today, that's about all I could handle.

Well, I had a GREAT!!! day...

Today I did:
-Advanced Ignition Timing (now have to run 89 but its ok)

-Intake Resonator Delete

-And Grounded My Throttle BODY!!!

WOOO first real mods of my new car...no pics since they were all pretty much free...only had to have the wire to ground the TB...and sicne I used to have subs I just used that...hahaha

but Im excited..oh and no pics of the car cause its covered in salt right now :( :( :(

but it was too much to either go to a car wash (20F all day) and I was outside for 3-4 hours doing that stuff, intake res took the longest since the one bolt I almost stripped...had to use pressure clamps!

but any way all in all a very nice a productive day...oh and the BUTT dyno says NICE!!! hahah

Okay, how did you advance your ign timing without a chip? That's pretty cool.

Second, grounding the TB? I've NEVER heard of that, lol. How exactly is that supposed to work? Sounds worthless to me.

Resonator, eh... But I bet it sounds really nice.

My roommates tC is around 16 grand. Wheels suck on it because they're not alloy rims. He almost got a set of new 17's with tires this weekend, but had too much balance to pay off on his credit card. From what I see, he doesn't even have an overdrive capable transmission. It looks like the base model, but has a nice Pioneer stereo system, and rubberized dashboard (just like what the Lexus IS250-350 has). I was surprised that was available on the Scions. The rear roof also has a sliding panel that reveal the glass too. Both can't open, just for looks and see the wonderful polluted sky.

My friend and I were also driving a Mercedes CLK that night and almost got pullled over by a police. I didn't have the headlights on because stupid damn German engineering had their headlight controls in a totally separate area compared to Japanese cars. There were a lot of cops in the area because of a big party going on on our block. We can hear him yell at us, "Lights on". If the roof wasn't down on the Mercedes, I would've never heard him and we would have defintely been pulled over already. None of us had our driver's license, registration, or insurance on us at the time too!!!!! It was a night cruise, so consider us lucky.

Yep he got the spec yeah every scion tC has pioneer stero stock the sound is awseome for a stock sound system,(tip to pump more volume: tell your friend on his stereo when its on to hold the "SSP" button untill in his screen pops out Car: it will appear tC tell him to change his settings to the xA and he will notice a big difference in sound.) I dont have any plans on upgrading my sound its sweet already, thats what i love about my car lot of options standar like moon roof, turn signals on mirrors, 17" rims, cruise control, Sat radio ready.

Dang you drove a CLK it was your buddies car??

I didn't know that. Hold down the SSP button. I'll be sure to try that out. The CLK was another one of my roommates car. We have like 3 guys and one girl living in this big house. We all split the mortgage.

The car belongs to the other guy and he gave me a call that he needed his car which was the Mercedes CLK (he told me where the spare key was -- looks like a plastic stubby thing, strange key). His friend picked him up to go somewhere so he left his car here. My friend and I dropped off his car for him in Anaheim Hills. Along the way, we had fun with it. The sport shift was awesome!!!! I drop the crap out of it, sorry to say. I wsa pulling 100mph so fast, it was unbelievable. What a rush. I basically had the gas pedal to the floor while shifting manually. Whew, what fun. The GPS was another fun thing to play with. The voice was a pleasant female voice. Mmmmm, I'm in love with her :p. Very accurate too. It even has autodial to dial out to road side assistance!!!!!

I wasn't use to the controls so I had a hard time playing with anything else. I had the top down which was pretty nice. At the end, the Mercedes wasn't my type of car. It felt too rich for me and I never did get use to all the "high end" computerized controls.

As fast as it was, I wouldn't get it. I'm still hooked on the Lexus IS250/350. They also have the sport shifts too and the 250 is quite fast for a 204HP motor. Very responsive acceleration.

Haha must have been the ride of your life hehe. The new lexus are very nice I drool when ever i see one, i want one!

It's harder to finance the IS350 because it's a much, much better car. Then again, the IS250 is fast too but about $5,000 cheaper. It makes a difference in your monthly payment. I thought I was going to be able to buy one now, but I think I'm going to save a bit more and put a bigger down payment to get IS350 hopefully. I hate having to pay more than $600 a month on a car, lol. Plus, I really do need to pay off my car some more. My Corolla still has roughly $13,400 owed on it. I'll be upside down which I don't want even if I do have the money to get the car.

I'm thinking about driving it for another year now and get the balance down some more. In the meantime, I've been doing tons of research on the Lexus. Wow, it's most impressive at everything except for the VDIM controller. It's like a vehicle stability control where it slows the car down when it detects a high rate of acceleration around turns and corners. The Camry is worse. It throttles down when you try to go really, really fast.

What makes the waiting worthwhile is that my friend is also planning on purchasing a new car too. She just got her Civic paid off so now, she has no payments. We're thinking about shopping together next year and picking out cars. Should be fun, except she wants the new 4-door Civic SI. I told her that she's driving a Civic SI now and that perhaps getting something different would be more to her liking.

Well an IS350 is a better car than a camry cant compare that hehe... The new Si's are nice a well build I4 N/A engine but I would still prefeer the lexus did you know they even have like wash things on their headlights i saw a video of those and i was like OMFG thats pimp! The G35 is in the range of the IS350 right??

God I need to stop spending on my car and start saving for a comp! Mine is so old hehe...

The G35 are actually cheaper than the IS350s. Plus, I believe the G35 have more features too. I just don't like their front end. The Lexus has a more sportier, refined look that just has that killer edge to it. I've considered the G35 too, but in the end, Toyota Motor Corporation seem to have a better overall rating and I just love the new look of the IS series. Performance wise, they're about the same.

Back
Top Bottom