Vista OEM questions, and upgrade

Well, I heard that the core 2 duos can overclock a lot with stock coolers. I also have 1 80mm exhaust fan and a 120mm fan in front of the case. But you say I should get more than 1.9ghz? I'll look into a aftermarket cooler.

Just looked at that cooler, its a little pricy, I dont think cooling is the problem. But I'll check some other time.

ya u should be getting around 2.2 ghz on the safe side and trust me on this your temps will rise get that cooler
also to see your temos just go into the system bios and see wat your getting
u never want over 60c
me im getting an e6600 at 2.4 ghz and over clocking it 2 3.2 ghz
trust me tho go for the cooler and artic silver 5 just look at the reviews

I might try to OC it again, usually if I go up to like 2.01 it wont boot up, the motherboard just beeps one long beep, and nothing happens. Is that overheating?

yes, core 2's can oc like a champ on stock cooling. but even if his board is normally good at oc'ing doesn't mean every single one will.

anyways back on topic, if you do upgrade everything, worse come to worse, call microsoft to activate and say a virus took out your system, it works every time.

the reason it beeps is becouse its over heating intel cpus shut down if they get to a certain temp to protect them selves from damage
thats y i suggested a new cpu cooler u should be good u said u had 2 case fans

Eh its mostly made out of aluminum. Copper works the best.

edit: it is cheap, though, and seems to work.

sounds like its a pretty good cooler tho. I am going to try OC a different way now. There are 2 ways in my bios, linked and expert. Expert allows you to OC the ram and CPU seperatly, linked does both, I've been using expert and not linked and just leaving the Ram alone, someone that left a review said to use linked because it worked better.

"the one i would consider a con, there's no option for cpu multipliers in the bios. you can overclock the fsb, pcie bus, and memory timings, but not the cpu directly. but u can change its core voltage... heh"
What does that mean? Should I turn up the voltage to OC it? I have it set on auto now, should I leave it like that?

Ok I know I'm triple posting sry, anyway, I just did my OC now. Got it to 1.96 in one clock by turning the fsb up to 1110. But usually when i go higher it wont boot or something. And my cpu was running at 36 C. I'll try some more tomorrow maybe.

Back
Top Bottom