Vista OEM questions, and upgrade

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I am going to buy the OEM version of vista home premium. If in the months to come I upgrade my graphics card, and I upgrade my motherboard, and add Ram, will i have a problem reinstalling?

Ok one more thing, I am going to remformat and install vista whe i get it. I have a 250gb HD, and like 30gbs in my my documents, so I was thinking about getting a second hd with vista, for around $50. Would that be a good idea, or would you guys suggest something else for around $50? Maybe I could back all my stuff up onto dvds, as I just bought a 100pack of dvds. lol

Any ideas? Maybe I should sell my mobo and get a different one, so I could add a lot of speed to my processor. Or maybe I should just get the $3.50 mouse and save up for another gig of RAM.

I thought you guy would be able to help, I'm thinking the gig of Ram for $70 will be the best option, what do you think? And what about the OEM questions?

if thats your setup 7900GS-Asus , 1gb PC2 5300-Kingston, Intel Conroe core 2 duo 1.86ghz E6300, 250gb SATA 3GBs- WD

your fine if your a gamer one more gig of ram put in an 8800 gtx graphics card
put on a aftermarket cooler for your cpu and overclock to 2.4 ghz slowly like a couple mhz a day
id say burn every thing to dvds that u want to keep
and oem can only be installed once
oh ya and make sure u use artic silver 5 with your cooler that stuphs the shit

I heard the vista OEM does the 10 point check too. But I dont know about the motherboard.
My motherboard is horable at overclocking, I have the on in the link below. cant get my E6300 past 1.96ghz. But I heard the stock cooler does fine.
I game some, and plan to get an 8600U when it comes out.

your mb isnt bad at all for over clocking
and y cant u get your cpu past 1.9 ghz
the reason i suggested a better cooler then stock is becouse to over clock
to higher speeds the heat starts to get a lot higher
so if u want to get that baby up to 2.2 or 2.4 ghz 1 add a case fan or to to make sure there splenty of air flow
and 2 aftermarket cooler with artic silver 5
heres a really good cooler for over clocking
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835118003

Back
Top Bottom