Vista & RAM (PLZ READ)

Raffaz said:
and the application .exe must be flagged as a 3-GB-aware application.

Are most programs flagged as 3GB aware?

Does vista and its programs support 3GB, In terms of being able to take full advantage of it all?

Taylor said:
Are most programs flagged as 3GB aware?

Does vista and its programs support 3GB, In terms of being able to take full advantage of it all?
Im not sure what programs are flagged, but it doesnt harm to use the switch. That way any of your programs that are flagged will take advantage.

Havent a clue about Vista, havent really used it and dont intend to for a while yet. Ive got 5 vista licences here and im not arsed about it :)

it runs well on my laptop (see below). i dont have loads running at once though as the batt wouldnt cope lol. cant figure out the power options. it runs ok on my desktop which has 512mb ram but id never go out and buy a vista pc with 512mb ram.

Well, if its usuing 75% I know thats kind of a lot, but mine does too, that still means there is left over Ram ready correct? So how much of a speed boost would I see if I addd another 1b of ddr2 667 Ram, and ran my 2 sticks in dual channal than?

ok, i just wanted to make sure it was the right thing to do. I have to wait about 2-3 weeks until my birthday and all the money. do the CAS latencies HAVE to be the same?

I dont see how the USB thing can provide a speedboost, I mean I have USB 2.0 but I have a cruzer micro and whenever i connect it to my pc it transfers at about 5-13mbs a second at most. So does it really help a lot?

Yeah, I need some more RAM. 1GB is okay, but I can feel it kinda stretching it. I'm also using one of my Sandisk Cruzer thumbdrives for ReadyBoost, and it does kinda help.

Back
Top Bottom