LBA mode & SATA drives not visible?

I know you probably have done it, but have you installed your mobo drivers etc?

Can you connect the drive to another pc and see if it works in there? Also, run chkdsk on the drive and see what happens
EDIT
Have you updated the BIOS as stated above, any reason why? If you have, have you checked the BIOS settings to see if anything has changed in there

well, i tried to run the bios update utility, but the program freezes when it tries to connect to the internet to get the latest updates.

that said, this is a brand new motherboard model, and i don't think there would be any updates that would be critical to running high-capacity drives. like i mentioned earlier, its the same mobo and bios that i ran under Vista where everything worked fine. ;)

i only have a laptop as another PC.. so nothing else to connect to.

Well im running out of ideas here. Maybe someone else can suggest something. If your after a good data recovery program then i would use getdataback, ive used loads in the past and thats the best IMO. I wouldnt recommend a freeware prog for this, as its to risky and they are crap

Raffaz said:
Well im running out of ideas here. Maybe someone else can suggest something. If your after a good data recovery program then i would use getdataback, ive used loads in the past and thats the best IMO
thanks, i'll try that.

i have looked for data recovery programs, but most seem to be for "accidentally deleted" files. i need to find one for drives that are completely jacked up or whatever... i didn't accidentally delete anything, the data is there, i just need to recover it... dunno.

i'm open to suggestions for programs for doing that. and i'm willing to pay for the program if it works.

cheers!

ABTsportsline said:
thanks, i'll try that.

i have looked for data recovery programs, but most seem to be for "accidentally deleted" files. i need to find one for drives that are completely jacked up or whatever... i didn't accidentally delete anything, the data is there, i just need to recover it... dunno.

i'm open to suggestions for programs for doing that. and i'm willing to pay for the program if it works.

cheers!
That will do the job. Heres a link
http://www.runtime.org/

ok, for anyone that cares...

after i tried a host of recovery programs, raffaz's suggestion to use GetDataBack paid off... i downloaded the trial, and it was one of the only programs even able to "see" my old files. i promptly bought the registration key and am now successfully retrieving my files.

many thanks to you raffaz for suggesting that program... you DID end up helping me! :)

cheers!

No probs man happy to help, and like i said that program hasnt let me down yet :)

Back
Top Bottom