Vista & RAM (PLZ READ)

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
is it just me, or does vista eat up your memory. right now, i'm running about 50 friggin processes, using 75% (768mb) or my ram. are there any processes/services i can disable?

yeah i have seen places selling vista pc's with like 512mb ram personaly i recomend 1GB or more

I think he meant it's using 75% of his 1GB (that's 768MB). I wouldn't be surprised if it was... that's just about all that's holding me back from the upgrade, how it bogs down your computer like that.

ya my dads laptop has 512 and it takes 3 minutes to startup, but we're both gonna get 2gb of ram this weekend...1.5 more for him, 1more for me.
:) :) :)

i cant wait, because im getting 2 more gigs for $155, and another 256mb for my laptop.

i found a page that has all vista services and what you might want to do with them, now i'm down to about 42 processes. and 44% memory.

Taylor said:
thats for XP MCE also? because it just says Server Editions on that.
But anyway im getting vista hopefully sometime in the near future.
Yeah it works fine in XP aswell. This is taken from Microsoft

/3GB
•

Increases the size of the user process address space from 2 GB to 3 GB (and therefore reduces the size of system space from 2 GB to 1 GB). Giving virtual-memory- intensive applications such as database servers a larger address space can improve their performance. For an application to take advantage of this feature, however, two additional conditions must be met: the system must be running Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT 4 Enterprise Edition, Windows 2000 Advanced Server or Datacenter Server and the application .exe must be flagged as a 3-GB-aware application. Applies to 32-bit systems only.

Back
Top Bottom