ATI drivers

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Hey, I'm in phase 2 of fixing my computer. If anyone noticed I had a thread about a control center confliction, I'm getting rid of AVG and getting rid of the old ATI drivers and catalyst software.

I'm replacing AVG with Anti-Vir, is this a good replacement? Are there any known issues with this program?

Also, which are the most stable ATI drivers?
I see 6.11 are up, but I'm not sure if they're good.

When I update my drivers, I have to uninstall the old cataylst stuff, get rid of the old driver, the comp will boot up using minimal graphics, and then just install the new driver/software? The ATI website says also delete any registry entries ATI has made, before installing the new drivers. I just need some clarification, so speedy replies would be appreciated.

PerfectSK said:
Hey, I'm in phase 2 of fixing my computer. If anyone noticed I had a thread about a control center confliction, I'm getting rid of AVG and getting rid of the old ATI drivers and catalyst software.

I'm replacing AVG with Anti-Vir, is this a good replacement? Are there any known issues with this program?

Also, which are the most stable ATI drivers?
I see 6.11 are up, but I'm not sure if they're good.

When I update my drivers, I have to uninstall the old cataylst stuff, get rid of the old driver, the comp will boot up using minimal graphics, and then just install the new driver/software? The ATI website says also delete any registry entries ATI has made, before installing the new drivers. I just need some clarification, so speedy replies would be appreciated.
I don't know why you're getting rid of AVG. Never heard of that specific one, but I know Avast is good:
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Always use the latest drivers (not beta), unless you're experiencing problems with them, they will be the most stable.

You don't even need to uninstall the old drivers, just install the new ones, it'll overwrite the old ones, and reboot.

Back
Top Bottom