Quick Question About S-Video

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Okay before I go out and buy an S-Video cable; I want to make sure I know how to view the picture on my television. The computer I am trying to do this on has an ATI X300SE. It has an S-Video output, but when I connect it to my TV im assuming the pictures just not going to show up on the TV.

I went to Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings Tab > Advanced Button.

Then theirs a whole bunch of tabs I can select, and I'm not sure which one I should click. Here's a screenshot of all the tabs I can select.

untitledgg7.jpg

If you could tell me which tab to click, then what I have to change that'd be fantabulous. Thanks in advance.

Are you going to have dual monitors or just use the TV as the single monitor?

Dual - Right click desktop, Properties, Settings, and click the TV that shows up in the picture of the monitors and choose extend my desktop to the monitor.

Single - Just plug in the computer to only the TV and boot it up, it should automatically detect what settings to use.

freestyler105 said:
Are you going to have dual monitors or just use the TV as the single monitor?

Dual - Right click desktop, Properties, Settings, and click the TV that shows up in the picture of the monitors and choose extend my desktop to the monitor.

Single - Just plug in the computer to only the TV and boot it up, it should automatically detect what settings to use.

Okay anad if it doesnt automatically detect it, then what would i do? Just trying to make sure before hand, S-Video cables of the length i need are quite expensive :p

Back
Top Bottom