Gallery: Favorite Vehicle!

Brookfield said:
We were on holiday in Wiltshire, England, & these "Tankbusters" as they are known, used to fly by at about 300 feet, you could not hear yourself speak!!, these are the ones that tried to bomb the deep caves where Bin Laden was supposed to be hiding, aren't they?, impressive looking, what's the power of those engines?, I do know their armanent includes a 7 barreled Gatling gun that has a rate of fire of 3,000 rounds/minute, 2 sidewinders, & cluster bombs, they can carry an awesome 16,000 lbs of external ordinance!, wow!!, what did surprise me was that their speed was only around 500 mph.

I thought only the US had A-10s.. Do the brits use them too?
And it's not supposed to be a fast aircraft, and if you look at it you can see that it was never ment to be fast. It's designed for close air support so weapons and agility are more important than speed. And it's based on the avenger gatling gun which wouldn't be that great at extremely high speeds. (due to the fact that you have to aim) Would be pretty hard to hit a tank with the avenger if you were going mach 2+

mammikoura said:
I thought only the US had A-10s.. Do the brits use them too?, it's not supposed to be a fast aircraft, and if you look at it you can see that it was never ment to be fast. It's designed for close air support so weapons and agility are more important than speed. And it's based on the avenger gatling gun which wouldn't be that great at extremely high speeds. (due to the fact that you have to aim) Would be pretty hard to hit a tank with the avenger if you were going mach 2+
No, we don't have them, it was combined forces base, originally RAF, then the USAF leased it, so there were British & American planes on the same base, oh & I've been interested in aircraft technology since I was like 11, so yes, I knew the speed had to be that low with that body shape, give me some credit, did you know it was named after the WW2 jet fighter, of the same name, the P47 Thunderbolt, the A10 is also known as the Warthog.

I like all the military vehicles ;)

10_b2_spirit.jpg

06_modellifestyle.jpg

some more of my favorite vehicles...

Brookfield said:
did you know it was named after the WW2 jet fighter, of the same name, the P47 Thunderbolt, the A10 is also known as the Warthog.

yeah I actually did know that. :)

1970 Challenger R/T 440CI engine
challenger.jpg

1969 Charger Daytona
chargerdaytona.jpg

1969 Pontiac GTO "The Judge" 455 CI engine
thejudge.jpg

1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30, 455 CI engine
442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom