Open Office run ok with Vista?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
Has anyone been using Open Office (writer) on Vista? Notice any problems with it? I want to download it to use on my Vista Business operating system, but I was looking on their website and couldn't find anything saying that it was Vista compatable.

a client runs it, says it is fine, other than an occasional dialogue box bug at the moment. she's happy

just f.y.i. i just found this info.... http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease22
looks like the next version of open office is scheduled to be released on february 27.......open office 2.2.. Hopefully they'll have it working good with vista by then. I'm too impatient to wait though, so will probably just download 2.1 and see how it works out until 2.2 is released....

At this early stage of Vista, you will be lucky to find any software that will work 100% bugfree on Vista...

Matt

should be fine except for a few minor bugs but that's normal in early stages of new operating systems. I'm sure those things will be fixed in the next version(s) of open office though.

Back
Top Bottom