Video card in my laptop

Rakaa1

Beta member
Right now onboard gpu.. I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade it to something better without needing a new mobo? I tried calling dell but I hung up on the guy when he asked what PCI meant.

they make special graphic cards for lap top i think the best u can get right now with out spending a million dollors in the 7600 geforce
but there a paint o put in cuz u have to take the whole thing apart

esa193 said:
they make special graphic cards for lap top i think the best u can get right now with out spending a million dollors in the 7600 geforce
but there a paint o put in cuz u have to take the whole thing apart

Yeah, I'd pay a professional to do it. But dell said I'd need a new mobo.... It really didn't make sense. I asked the guy shouldnt my mobo still have a pci slot and like I said he asked what pci meant and I hung up on him.

As far as i'm aware, i'm not 100% though, is that only some motherboards support upgrading the graphics cards in laptops...maybe your Dell doesn't support upgrading...also, laptop graphics cards are no where near as cheap as Desktop graphics cards...

Matt

Ya and laptops don't have pci slots they PCMCIA slots, so you couldn't get a card that is pci, its also highly unlikely that you can upgrade your video card especially in a dell, they make there sytems with cheap custom parts so they have the bare minimum that will make it work...

The last two said it. its virtually impossable to upgrade your laptops video card. the only company i know of that has boards that even support it is Alienware.

oh, and props for haning up on dell. Keep it american, go Acer (sorry i had to say that, their tech support is located in texas, not somewhere in never-never-land).

Back
Top Bottom