New York New York.

AlexF1224 said:
New York, New York-- City so nice they named it twice.
Ask some of those who live in some areas of that "nice" city, a while back a member, an 11 year old boy who through family circumstances, lived in the Bronx, there were no buses to his school so he walked there each day, & feared for his life all the way there, he PM'd me one day, overjoyed, he was at a new school in another district, twice as far, but a school bus took him all the way there, can I ask you where you live?

Brookfield said:
Ask some of those who live in some areas of that "nice" city, a while back a member, an 11 year old boy who through family circumstances, lived in the Bronx, there were no buses to his school so he walked there each day, & feared for his life all the way there, he PM'd me one day, overjoyed, he was at a new school in another district, twice as far, but a school bus took him all the way there, can I ask you where you live?
Yeah, I wouldn't really want to live there, but it's a really nice place to visit for a week or so.

Taxes...Bah! At least you guys don't live in California...where newegg charges tax on ALL of my purchases. :mad: 8.25% sales tax...that alone makes deals not worth it on newegg.

ownage said:
Taxes...Bah! At least you guys don't live in California...where newegg charges tax on ALL of my purchases. :mad: 8.25% sales tax...that alone makes deals not worth it on newegg.
Ouch...but it would be worth it for the weather there. When was the last time you guys got almost a foot of snow in one night like we did last night?

hahaha, the weather is really nice here, but it is getting more and more extreme every year. The summers are getting hotter, winters getting colder. They actually issued a cold warning this winter. The cold actually killed off a bunch of orange trees this year and made the cost of oranges go up a bunch. And its not just oranges either. Lots of other California grown fruits also were lost.

Brookfield said:
William II, brought it in to alleviate the cost of conflicts in Ireland at the time, one of the reasons I love my country, is because the very air is steeped in a long long chequered history, I never go abroad, there's so much here to see. [see my sig]

I always thought William II was more known for his 'fondness' of the Bishop of Durham. ;)
but it is true, southern England has many a beautiful spot to visit.

I've been to NYC lots of times and it's very nice. The only "bad" section is up north, Harlem and Bronx arn't the best.

D-Lew said:
Taxes are high elsewhere because you guys get "free" stuff us Americans don't get. And nothing's free.

I read somewhere for the same price as your war on terror you could have setup and ran a National Health Service better than what we have here in the UK.

ALot of people dig the NHS from time to time about having to wait and sloppy service etc but when it comes down to it the NHS is great. My dad had a surgery on his eye in which they had to replace the lense and put a filter in. To do so machines had to be shipped in from Florida, and helicopter had to be kept on hold incase it went wrong and he had to be flown to a bigger hospital and a docter had to be trained to do this for him

With the cost of all that it would have put our family in ruin or my dad would have had to loose his eye.

For things like that im happy to pay tax [sometimes :D]

Yeah, for all the complaining people do about the NHS, it works perfectly well. I'd rather wait 6 months and get it done for free than have health insurance companies chasing me like they do in the US.

I've heard American hospitals will refuse to treat people dying from gunshot wounds and road accidents if they don't have medical insurance.

Back
Top Bottom