DirectX 10?

So will they make latest games for both directX 9 nad 10?

I heard the makers of Crysis etc were going to so those that dont bother with Vista can still play

135791 said:
So will they make latest games for both directX 9 nad 10?

I heard the makers of Crysis etc were going to so those that dont bother with Vista can still play
For a while, yes. Eventually (years from now) games will be exclusively DirectX 10 as they are now with DirectX 9.

I'm preety sure Windows XP SP3 will have DX10. But for it, there are little, if not any, games that are available. Now, the DX10 games are a big improvement, but you'll need vista and a DX10 compliant card. Not a lot of us has that. It's all in the matter of time.

In a year or two, Windows XP will be like Windows 95/98/ME and eventually, 2000; outdated and support ended.

lhuser said:
I'm preety sure Windows XP SP3 will have DX10. But for it, there are little, if not any, games that are available. Now, the DX10 games are a big improvement, but you'll need vista and a DX10 compliant card. Not a lot of us has that. It's all in the matter of time.

In a year or two, Windows XP will be like Windows 95/98/ME and eventually, 2000; outdated and support ended.

Windows xp sp3 will not have dx10. Microsoft would be stupid to do that, because if they did, even less people would buy vista.

wat?! so i cant just download directx 10 when it comes out on microsoft? is a nvidia geforce 7600 compatible with direct x 10?

ownage said:
there are alternatives to Windows Vista for DX10 too ;)
Like what? DirectX 10 is exclusive to Vista.

LOL, no a 7600 is not DirectX 10 capable. That's why there's so much hype around the 8000 series - they can run DirectX 10. The hardware has to be DirectX 10 capable, you can't just update some software.

thats retarted. some laptops have vista on them with directx10 but wats the point if u cant even use the directx10

when will there be a graphics card that is nvidia geforce thast can run with directx10? predicitons?

spywarebanisher said:
thats retarted. some laptops have vista on them with directx10 but wats the point if u cant even use the directx10
That's what? Something about a pastry?

I don't think most laptops out right now will be able to handle Crysis anyway. And soon enough they'll have DirectX 10 video cards in laptops. Laptops aren't really designed for gaming in case you never noticed. And there's more to Vista than DirectX 10, it's not pointless.

Back
Top Bottom