still online after shutdown!

gasgo

Beta member
hi all
how is it possible that my friend still appears online to me on yahoo messenger even after he has shut down his computer.....don't you sign out automatically if you shut down :confused: ? Just inquisitive
thanks

Strange, there is not any chance he may be signed in on a different computer? And he definetly definetly shut down his computer?

Was he using an online IM?

Erm..

Sometimes if you dont log off it takes a while for MSN to realise. I have this problem with one of my mates all the time

gasgo said:
hi all
how is it possible that my friend still appears online to me on yahoo messenger even after he has shut down his computer.....don't you sign out automatically if you shut down :confused: ? Just inquisitive
thanks

Its a problem that yahoo messenger has had for years, you still show online despite having logged off, it often happens after a new update and then can happen for a month so after the update has happened.

Thanks for the replies but I still don't understand how she does that.I am sure it's not a problem with yahoo....guess she is signed in on some other computer :confused:

well in yahoo if you try to sign in on another computer it will log off your other computer. something similar has happened to me...

a friend he never gets on because he is not allowed to and he has logged on at my house once then like a month after he was still online. eventually his account just showed offline. try just waiting for like a month eventually she'll sign out. lol

gasgo said:
hi all
thanks

Servers sometimes can't catch up. I've signed out plenty of times, gone out for a few hours, and come back to a billion offline messages asking where I was at, appearing online, but, the PC is off. It's just lag and what not.

Back
Top Bottom