New York New York.

^Mike^ said:
yeah, after awhile you can figure it out pretty easy :D
But why not add it first as it's done here, in England, I believe some other countries add it first too[?], tax on electricity consumed here, is charged at the lower rate of 5%!

Why in the world do we have taxes?!

In Quebec, it's 15% of taxes. I think we have the highest taxes in the world.

lhuser said:
Why in the world do we have taxes?!, in Quebec, it's 15% of taxes. I think we have the highest taxes in the world.
I just said we have a sales tax of 17.5% as for having taxes, there's always been taxes, back in the Middle Ages, things were taxes, at one time, in England, in the 1600's they couldn't find another way, so they taxed windows, a couple of miles from me is a large country house with several windows bricked in, William II, brought it in to alleviate the cost of conflicts in Ireland at the time, one of the reasons I love my country, is because the very air is steeped in a long long chequered history, I never go abroad, there's so much here to see. [see my sig]

Brookfield said:
But why not add it first as it's done here, in England, I believe some other countries add it first too[?], tax on electricity consumed here, is charged at the lower rate of 5%!
My guess is because the products look cheaper than they really are. I'd rather have it like England does so you don't have to expect another 6 cents on the dollar.

I saw 5% on the last one, but I didn't see the one upper.

Actually, here, we were the first one in Canada to have Provincial taxes. That goes from the 1950s or somewhere around that era. The economy was going lower and they added this for temporary. It seems that they've made money...so they kept it...:mad:

Maurice, where you were born is where you will love.

lhuser said:
I saw 5% on the last one, but I didn't see the one upper.

Actually, here, we were the first one in Canada to have Provincial taxes. That goes from the 1950s or somewhere around that era. The economy was going lower and they added this for temporary. It seems that they've made money...so they kept it, Maurice, where you were born is where you will love.
I do, so much, so Marc, I guess you're saying that even if you are living in a third world country, up to your knees in mud & disease, starving, nowhere to live & no money, you'd still love it?, the sad thing is, you're probably right, oh, that post about 17.5% was another post, No 8.

Brookfield said:
I do, so much, so Marc, I guess you're saying that even if you are living in a third world country, up to your knees in mud & disease, starving, nowhere to live & no money, you'd still love it?, the sad thing is, you're probably right, oh, that post about 17.5% was another post, No 8.
It depends. If all your friends and family live there, I'd say yes.

Taxes are high elsewhere because you guys get "free" stuff us Americans don't get. And nothing's free.

Back
Top Bottom