Car Thread!

cabbspapp said:
But if I were to turbo my car, I would need a lot of supporting mods to get the most power out of the turbo anyways, so they would probably find a way to weasel their way out of the warranty.

TURBO IT :D

LambOfGod said:

You have no idea how much I really want to. To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less about the warranty, I would rather work on my car myself anyway. But my dad doesn't want me doing that kinda stuff, because fast car+16 year old driver isn't exactly a good combination. But I still really want to though. Hearing the sound of a turbo always puts a smile on my face :)

My car has 20,000 miles on it, so it should be able to take at least 10 psi, considering that the motor isn't really built turbo ready from the factory.

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/2k_hrc.shtml

What do you think about that? I don't really know about the company or this kit itself, and it would probably be one of the last things to go on the car, because it's the most expensive lol.

cabbspapp said:
You have no idea how much I really want to. To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less about the warranty, I would rather work on my car myself anyway. But my dad doesn't want me doing that kinda stuff, because fast car+16 year old driver isn't exactly a good combination. But I still really want to though. Hearing the sound of a turbo always puts a smile on my face :)

My car has 20,000 miles on it, so it should be able to take at least 10 psi, considering that the motor isn't really built turbo ready from the factory.

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/2k_hrc.shtml

What do you think about that? I don't really know about the company or this kit itself, and it would probably be one of the last things to go on the car, because it's the most expensive lol.

Looks sweet to me Hann, Makes kits for N/A Dsms too that i know of.

They are a good vendor.

What make/model year car do you have?

cabbspapp said:
2005 Dodge Neon SXT, 2.0 liter SOHC motor, 130hp, 21,xxx miles.

Those are pretty light cars and i have seen some make great power.

Get adjustable suspension in the front and back, dont go cheap there it will help you hook up off the line.

Fat/wide sticky tires for the front as well.

Or better yet some M/T slicks :D

You should just leave your car alone for now until you save up for a nice, faster car. I'm tired of modding cars. I've done that for the last 4 cars I've owned. Getting old. Now, I just want a fast car to start out with.

I just got back from the Lexus dealer just now in regards to the 07 IS350. At first, they want to deny me, but the fleet manager came out to see what he could do. They are willing to come to terms of a 6 year loan @ 12%. What's screwing me up is that I owe way too much money on the Corolla still. It's putting me upside down and jacking up my pricing. My monthly payment came out to $679 a month with a huge balance that I'm ashamed to say. They want me to put down at least $5,000. I got frustrated after sitting there for 4 hours and left!!! It's late now, shesshh, almost 11pm!!!! They're toying with me and I got nothing out of it.

How about some teasers? "Will it blend?"
I finally got something I've been wanting for a while. What happens when you mix this:

n7030365_33181653_7961.jpg

With this?
n7030365_33180795_9907.jpg

Well, you may find out tomorrow morning. [:p] Hopefully going on the car with 215/40/17 Nitto NeoGens early in the morning.
Sorry, just teasers right now. New pics later. Seacrest out.

NeXuS said:
Yay! My HID kit will be finally here tommorrow or Monday argh!! I hope it comes tommorrow I cant wait ill post pics when i get it!

Hey!!!! My roommate just bought a spanking new 2007 Scion tC today (only 14 miles on it after he got back from the dealer)!!!!! Claremont Toyota, hehe. I'll have to post picts and post it here later on to show you. I went in for a ride. I had no idea the moonroof didn't open, lol. That's wierd huh? The options aren't exactly what he wanted, but he likes the car still. Tons of accessories available including TRD up the ying yang. Right off the bat, he wants hyper whites for it. The windows are already tinted, lol. Sam's Club lifetime tint. Next thing he wants is a rear spoiler. His tC didn't come with one, but he wants one bad. They look to be around $300 from the dealer not including installation. Expensive!!!!! I can't believe those cars have a Camry motor in there. Whew.

Now he's teasing me when I'm going to get a new car. Since Lexus try to screw me, I'm thinking about getting an 07 Camry SE with all the trimmings. Have you seen those? 264HP V6 that's as sporty as a midsize sedan can get.

Whoops, never mind. The Camry is out of the question. Look what is says here about it:

"So, the SE trim level is clearly a big deal on a model that has a reputation as America's bestselling family runabout. But here's the tantalizing paradox: You can't get at the real fun. The car's stability-and-traction-control system steps in at the slightest hint of tire scrub and slows everything down. It won't tolerate an aggressive launch, and if you snap-shift the car into second gear and cop a tiny chirp of wheelspin, it slaps your wrist with a half-second of nothing. And it can't be switched off."

LambOfGod said:
Those are pretty light cars and i have seen some make great power.

Get adjustable suspension in the front and back, dont go cheap there it will help you hook up off the line.

Fat/wide sticky tires for the front as well.

Or better yet some M/T slicks :D

You mean like this?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=750940540721197904&q=400hp+neon

Yeah, I plan on doing suspension, the car sits too high, and the new suspension will help with cornering too. New wheels and tires are in order when the current ones wear out.

Back
Top Bottom