Vista Dual boot?

freestyler105 said:
Haha, feels good to be a Senior Member, don't it??

And there's really no reason to RAID the hard drives, that would be just like putting both on one hard drive...with the hassle of setting up RAID.

Yeah, and yeah thats what I thought...
so no real reason to do so, plus I dont think i have a raid controller on my PC, since as far as I know you do need one right?

kjman87 said:
Yeah, and yeah thats what I thought...
so no real reason to do so, plus I dont think i have a raid controller on my PC, since as far as I know you do need one right?
Yeah, a lot of new motherboards have them integrated, but if it doesn't, then you'd need like a PCI RAID card type thing. Not really worth it IMO.

nahh, ok, soo second drive no RAID, dual operating systems and change BIOS to ask me what to boot off of...

decided lol

edit: how does that HD sound from one of my previous posts?

i feel good to be a guru :)
i dual boot all the time and i never had a problem.
i usually have the bootmgr on my xp hard drive then i have the timeout set to 1 second so it defaults into xp instead of playing with hard drives. it makes it more convenient to boot into whichever os u want real fast.

drumthrasher said:
i feel good to be a guru :)
i dual boot all the time and i never had a problem.
i usually have the bootmgr on my xp hard drive then i have the timeout set to 1 second so it defaults into xp instead of playing with hard drives. it makes it more convenient to boot into whichever os u want real fast.

i see you have the 64bit version of vista. have you had any problems finding any drivers?

dude_se said:
i used to install 98 on a d: drive perfectly fine on my old pc. as long as the boot.ini knows what drive it has to boot from then it should be fine (i think thats how it works). when installing vista just choose to install it on the other hdd. the boot.ini should automatically set its self up for a dual boot.
It used to work like that, but as far as im aware mate its all changed with Vista, look here for a bit info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_Startup_Process

And basic guide for dual booting vista here
http://www.apcstart.com/4054/how_to_dual_boot_xp_and_vista

Back
Top Bottom