start up

Josh728911

Baseband Member
I recently hard wired my house and up until now i did not need the integrated lan port on my motherboard. Today when i went to use it i noticed that the metal tab from the metal plate that comes with every motherboard was sticking into the port. I bent it out of the way and started up my computer. It turned on but then shut off after about 7 seconds.

I unscrewed the motherboard and bent the metal tab the way it is supposed to be, touching the top of the lan port. I turned it on again and it did the same thing. I tried unplugging the power to the motherboard for a few seconds and then trying again. This did not work so i put the tab back where it started but it makes no difference. I tested the power supply and it is fine. I have a feeling its my motherboard but would like to try anything i can before i go and buy a new one.

This is not an Intergrated lan port problem, most likely you got dust somewhere, because Hardware is hardware...pieces go bad every day. For instance...a similar thread was posted and his mobo was fried because he scratched one simple thing...very lightly too. Tell me one thing..does your Motherboard beep or not when it normaly starts up? If it does...is it still doing it?

It normally beeps and it still does now.

I just tried turning it on with nothing plugged in but the power and it stays on like this.

I got it to boot up one time after letting it sit all day with the motherboard unplugged. It was running fine but then after i shut it off it went back to the same problem.

hippie420 said:
Could be ESD damage. If it is, you are SOL.
Sorry buddy.

ESD doesnt seem likely though as it would have only been the ethernet portion of the mobo...or so I would think...

Back
Top Bottom