Is this a virus or something?

Lol... alotta people don't understand the story -

When i boot up my desktop on my PC is all frozen you can't get anything to work and eventually restarts.

This sucks.

Can i take off the CPU heatsink, and re-place the CPU? will it do any harm to the thermal paste?

EDIT: Anyone?, i need a quick response please.

EDIT: Oh w/e am just gonna take out the heatsink

Ok... i guess that din't work, is there a way to re-install Windows without having to use the disc?

Erm, when taking the heatsink off, it breaks the seal that keeps the cpu attached to the heatsink...did you re-apply thermal paste? If not, I would check your CPU's temps and make sure they aren't higher than normal...As for the windows reinstall, if you RE-INSTALL Windows WITHOUT formatting, you won't loose any files, only windows settings etc

Matt

Formatting??, And ... i think i broke the seal, and for some reason, after the boot up, there's only a black screen now... but how do i re-install windows if i can't access the desktop??

EDIT: Checked bios, and the CPU temptures are ok.

This looks like my problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/314503

I rekon, there's a virus thats messing around with the WINDOWS files, and the whole file is totally corrupt, so yeah... can i create a boot disk using a cd?, or do i have to use a floppy... cause i don't have a floppy drive installed into the pc.

So your gonna format? If so, then you simply put your Windows disc in the drive and restart the computer...it will ask you to press any key to start setup, then follow the prompts....if it doesn't say press a key, go into the BIOS and set the Boot Priority to the CD..

Matt

You mean put in the formatted disc or just the plain xp cd?, cause i tried just insertting the cd in, and setting the boot up to cd, but it's still just a black screen of death..

Back
Top Bottom