creative x-fi problem

EricM

Daemon Poster
recently whenever i have been playing bf2142 it has been freezing then giving me a BSoD which was machine_check_exception. i could not figure out the problem until now.. i was playing today when i got a bsod and when i returned into windows my creative x-fi console didnt load and the windows hardware manager popped up and said it found a new device. so i clicked cancel and tried to reinstall the drivers for the card... and when the pc rebooted the console still wouldnt load and if i opened it manually id get a error box that said: "the audio device supported by the application is not detected. the application will exit". i tried installing everything and then reinstalling the drivers again and this time i got a BSoD with the same machine_check_exception error code while the drivers were trying to install. i have no clue what the problem is and i dont have any sound on my computer right now! could the card be deffective? does anyone have the slightest clue?

system specs:

amd athlon x2 4400+
OCZ DDR PC4000 2gb
evga 7900gt co
wd caviar 250gb
550W psu

0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x8054D5F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

nothing will work. i performed a system restore and tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers many times... each time id just get a blue screen when restarting after loading the drivers... i uninstalled all the programs associated with the x-fi and it removed it from the control pannel program list but ALL the files are still there... i did another system restore and still the same problem. i had to take the x-fi card out and now im back to on-board sound. i dont know what to do!

Sounds like a conflict with the sound card drivers and something else on your computer. You have the latest drivers from the Creative website? Also make sure you've got the latest drivers for all the rest of your hardware, I think some of the drivers are conflicting.

was the on-board sound disabled? sometimes leaving it on will cause a conflict.

if your using a nforce 680 chipset, update bios to atleast p23 as this solved a conflict with the x-fi cards.

its an nforce4 and the on-board sound was disabled when i put in the x-fi but when i took out the x-fi and enabled the onboard sound and tried to install the onboard sound drivers they wouldnt install. the installer would launch and then immediately shut down. im thinking it has sometihng to do with the x-fi drivers and apps that WONT UNINSTALL! i try to uninstall them and i did a system restore to when everything was working but when i go to uninstall them the setup has an error and wont launch. so im stuck with no sound! and ive tried just about everything and i reaaaally dont want to reformat.

i just tried to install the updated drivers off of the creative site.. and all was looking good until the end where i got another BSoD. same one as before... error code this time:

Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 8054d5f0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

well the new driver finally installed but when i rebooted same stuff happened. volume panel fails to load.. all the apps from the previous driver are there and wont uninstall and theen i got another bsod with no error name... just an error code of 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x9e183593, 0xBAD03A24, 0xBAD03720). i also tried uninstalling my nvidia driver as it was the only driver i recently installed. still no luck. I HAVE NO SOUND STILL!

somewhere on creatives web site they have instructions on how to fully remove thier products. i don't have enought time to find it for you, but look around on thier site and follow the instructions. when your one uninstalling it, try a nice clean re-install of everything. if it still doesn't work i'm willing to bet you might have a bad card. but i would try a clean install of the drivers first.

it seems to be working now... its really weird. i installed the updated drivers for the card but some of the old programs and stuff are there and they wont work propperly. like the control in the tray wont work anymore so i have to change settings in the audio console in the control pannel. but at least i got the sound back... i tried playing battlefield again and i still have the bsods from that im gonna try to find those instructions u are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom