PM Time Limit

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I know it's been posted before, and lowered a bit, but the 300 seconds we now have (5 minutes) is still too long. When I'm trying to PM back and forth to people, having to wait 5 minutes to do so is frustrating. Same if I have several messages that I have to reply to.

Can we have this flood control thing turned off for Gurus too or something? Most Gurus wouldn't go around spamming via PM, I see why its enabled for new members.

I thought it was lowered already, It was never an issue w/me cause i only Pm once in a great while.

Google Guru said:
I know it's been posted before, and lowered a bit, but the 300 seconds we now have (5 minutes) is still too long. When I'm trying to PM back and forth to people, having to wait 5 minutes to do so is frustrating. Same if I have several messages that I have to reply to.

Can we have this flood control thing turned off for Gurus too or something? Most Gurus wouldn't go around spamming via PM, I see why its enabled for new members.
I agree, especially with trying to sell things, I want to just quickly respond, but I have to wait for 5 minutes.

If it could be turned off / lowered for Guru's, that would be awesome.

freestyler105 said:
I agree, especially with trying to sell things, I want to just quickly respond, but I have to wait for 5 minutes.

If it could be turned off / lowered for Guru's, that would be awesome.

yea i agree, i dont need it off, but lowered would be greatly appriciated :)
thanks, bullzi

The time limit is too keep spammers from going nuts in the pm channels. To lower it would be opening the door to widespread pm abuse. if you need to talk like that then there are IM services. You can have several things going on a computer at one time.
It's just a security measure.

setishock said:
the time limit is too keep spammers from going nuts in the pm channels. To lower it would be opening the door to widespread pm abuse. if you need to talk like that then there are IM services. You can have several things going on a computer at one time.
Yeah, we understand that, but would it be possible to say lower it for only Gurus or something? Not a big deal, but it's just a minor inconvenience.

setishock said:
The time limit is too keep spammers from going nuts in the pm channels. To lower it would be opening the door to widespread pm abuse. if you need to talk like that then there are IM services. You can have several things going on a computer at one time.

you can make a post in the forums every 30 seconds. Now if we would make the pm time 2 mins instead of 5, would it really matter? I don't think anyone would spam with pm's, they would still use the forum. It's faster, and a lot more people are going to notice it on the forum. I agree that there has to be a time limit with pm's too, but 5min is pretty rediculous. Doesn't bother me that much since I rarely use pm's, but if I have to reply to 2 or more I'm always going to have to wait a while.

This again??

This has been suggested before, and it was like pulling teeth to get David to lower it by one minute......Don't expect any more.

setishock said:
Yes, but I meant lowered for Gurus a bit more... after all, the forum flood control is only 30 seconds, so why is PM so high?

Back
Top Bottom