need help qucikk!!! come come come

can i have a link?

Edit: isnt the striker better than the commando?, i want the best stuff possible.

who says the 680i is better at clocking than the P965? Even if Intel labels their P965 chip as 'budget' it doesn't really mean budget chipset. Out of ALL motherboards including the 680i, 975x, and the P965, the P965 is the best at clocking a kents. So...ASUS Commando or ASUS P5B deluxe.

If you want 680i, get the ABIT IN9-MAX, 975x, Intel Bad Axe 2.

performance, theres an article in maximum pc, has benchmarks for the ABIT Max, MSI P965 PLATINUM, and the ASUS striker EXTREME. The striker beats them in everything except FPS in FEAR(ABIT won that one).and the MSI board won the valve partical test They did these tests: 3Dmark01,03,05,06 tests done, PCMark tests done, and then Quake.
All 3 mobos had Intel Core 2Extreme 6800, 2GB of corsair dominator ram(ddr2 800) WD 400GB SATA, and GeForce 7900GTX
If your saying that the Abit is better for oc'ing, then you might be right, but barely. THe striker wins not by alot, but i remember the thread starter saying "the best, money doesnt matter."
so i guess this can be future reference for people who are wondering whats the absolute best.

680i might be better in 3D, but not in floating point calculations. So I wonder why the number two record for super pi uses an ABIT AW9D-MAX.
hwbot said:
hipro5 (HellasOCTeam) - 9.19 - Intel Core 2 X6800 (2.93Ghz) @ 5553MHz on ABIT AW9D-MAX - under Gorillakos LN2 container - DDR Maximizer powering the rams

The 680i chipset (notice how i DON'T say Stryker Extreme) is very strong in 3D and high clocks. 975x is very strong in floating point and 3D as well, but high clocks are hard to achieve because of the very tight internal timings in the northbridge. Remember that the 975x is a very old chipset designed during the prescott days.

ok he ordered his stuff, he got Crucial Ballistix for the memory, the most exprensice evga bored (680i) and the quad core, thanks for the input.

well nice build, although the corsair stuff nik suggested would have been better IMO, it will be a kick ass computer regardless

Back
Top Bottom