which vista for gaming?

Redonmyhead

Baseband Member
been googling, and still can't get a real clear answer, is premium my choice to go with? I think on what I've read for gaming wise, premium will do the same as ultimate except ultimate has a few more extras that aren't necessary for gaming? Am i correct?

Why are you already worrying about vista? Its just been out to the public for a few hours.

Let it go for a year or so before upgrading. I assure you its not worth it 1st gen shit is always buggy regradless.

yeah but arent there directx10 games like crysis and brothers in arms hells corners coming out in march or at least 1st quarter 2007 that will need vista to get the most out of them?

Yeah, but, if you can wait, you're fine. But to answer Redon, any Vista edition will work.

yea any vista will do. the more expensive ones just have extra features that have nothing to do with the gaming side, such as media center, business tools, etc..

Home premium is the best bang for your buck probably. Basic just offers the security and DX10, otherwise not much different. Home premium has all the media center stuff, and aero.

premium also has more of the basic games (some chess thingy, ink balls, and some other game, in addition to the norms). But like IHuser said, any will do you good for gamming.

Back
Top Bottom