routers won't let me to play games online

stevethedork

Beta member
Its been couple of weeks and my router won't allow me to play counter strike online, but it can browes the internet. What should I do in this situation. The router is d-link, it works before, but now I have a major problem. =(

Well i never do online gaming,so im not totally sure but its probably something to do with you needing to open ports on the router for the game, or maybe a firewall problem, so try disabling your firewall and see if it works then. If it does then you need to configure the firewall

actually, i checked the firewall and I turned off and still had problems. When I went to my friends house, I use his wireless connection and still I had connection problem

Sometimes disabling the firewall doesnt work. So if you stiill have the firewall on disc, try uninstalling it all together and see what happens. Obviously you will need the disc to reinstall it. Also, check the windows firewall and make sure the dont allow exceptions tab isnt ticked.

well, i found part of my problem....for the internet, i have to unstall my IE, and my friend told me that the new IE screw up the laptop, so it actually work. Now I have to do on my foxfire, but still nothing happen to my online games. The firewall is in low as it gets and I put the setting very low still. Do you think my notuon viruses block my internet access. Also, I don't have the firewall disc and I try to unstall my OS and nothing happen. Do you think that programs can block my internet of video games. The games that I had are warcraft II, counter strike 1.6, counter strike condition zero, gunbound, an dmaple story that I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom