Toshiba Satellite

error75

Baseband Member
I have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite laptop and when he boots the computer it comes to a all black scree with the word password in the upper left corner. I can only think that this is a system password, but he puts in the password 3 times (obviously he doesn't remember the password), but after the 3rd it just powers down.
Is that the security feature? If so, how can he reset that. I know on desktops you can remove the CMOS battery or do something else and it will reset the system password, but I don't know how to do it on a laptop. Anyway, thanks for all your help.

yes this is a security feature, and you will have to do virtually the same thing with the laptop as you would a desktop except, you'll have to take it apart to get to the mobo, and then you can take the battery out from here

the only other problem i could think of is if this is a Harddrive pw, then this protects the information directly on the harddrive and the password is stored on the harddrive not the cmos, so take that sucker apart and reset it, im sure you can find a guide to taking that apart with a simple search on google, if not lemme know and ill find one

Back
Top Bottom