graphics card upgrade for a 1.3ghz processor

hippie420 said:
I have a athlon 3200+ and it comes with 2 GHZ. I overclocked it to 2.9ghz eazy, since I use a custom case. Anything under 1.5 ghz is very slow to me.

I still use win 2k. It actually runs smoother than xp on my pc, although, I also have linux and mac os x installed.
1.5ghz is ok for simple tasks like word processing and internet listening to music , as this is all i use my computer for i would only go for a cpu of 2ghz max prolly 1.3-1.8ghz i would call fine , and min for win xp would be 800mhz-1ghz with at least 256MB ram thats for me anyway

i finally got my graphics card in the mail today. I bought the one CABBPAPP recomended. I installed it today and it works great for what i need it for. I only have one drawback. I have the resolution set at 1280X768 but if i go any smaller lower the screen and words stretch vertically. The higher i go the better it is but it is to small to read. Is there any way i can get the screen to a more solid font.

Is it a widescreen monitor? If not then things are stretched out because your running a widescreen resolution on a non-widescreen monitor. Look for resolutions like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960/1024 etc.

shoey6030 said:
i wanted to know what for graphic card i can purchase so i can upgrade my pc for newer games. I'm told i am limited on what cards to buy because of my low 1.3 ghz processor. I have AN hp 520n if that helps i was looking for any cards that has atleast a 32-bit display. Thanks i was told by hp that it has open PCI slots but limited to what card i can get

Nvidia 6200 OC. Best card you can get for PCI I believe.

hey before, i play an occasional battlefield 1942 on my duron 1.2 ghz. Worked okay i had an ATI Radeon 9600 SE but Special Edition sucks like crap but i had to get it cuz it was the only old agp card left in the store.

Back
Top Bottom