Ownage's new computer parts/work log

Haha, I don't know why I entered me lol! Actually, I'm not rich...6 bucks won't get you far.

Re: New Motherboard

Zaki said:
id say that there are as many people who like to just edit their photographs, and play around with photoshop as there are gamers in the whole u.s. those people dont even bother playing games, so yes the average consumer does care about things besides gaming, and one of the major things is in fact "workstation" related.

There are some who do that, but they are not the majority. Those who are dedicated to photo editing or graphics producing or rendering etc will be interested in workstation video cards, but the percentage of them is not that high.

I could easily use Photoshop for some light photo editing with my old 6800 NU. Easily.

Anyways, I can't wait. I especially want to see the motherboard and RAM up close. :D Mmm...delish.

MikeReiner said:
I TOTALLY agree about the FX series.. worst piece of shit line of cards in existence. I woulda killed for a 9800pro back in 03.

How does editing photos in photo shop even require a decent video card anyway? I got away with using photo shop on a GeForce 4 MX.. it ran fine.

I disagree, in my opinion there are way more people playing computer games than people making use of workstation video cards.
i never said that there are more people who "USE' workstation video cards than there are gamers, read my post again. you probably did not need a better card because you were doing simple things, try using a tablet and a large canvas size with high dpi ;) . filters too require more power, im not saying everybody needs this, but at least there is some need.

but game developers DEFINITELY need high end video cards. That is something not to doubt. And the game industry is HUGE.

Zaki said:
i never said that there are more people who "USE' workstation video cards than there are gamers, read my post again. you probably did not need a better card because you were doing simple things, try using a tablet and a large canvas size with high dpi ;) . filters too require more power, im not saying everybody needs this, but at least there is some need.
True. But when there are less people buying it, the price sometimes is higher to compensate for that.

MikeReiner said:
True. But when there are less people buying it, the price sometimes is higher to compensate for that.
man, sorry to say this, but you obviously have no clue about "professional" cards, they could be fricken ati 9600 at heart, but if they are meant for corporate professionals just looking at graphs they will cost $500, its because of the extensive certifications and guarantees that come with these cards, its not that there is no demand, all design firms, architecture firms, game design firms, movie studios (where the quadro craze began), and creative professionals invest good money into professional cards. its not that they are compensating, they are charging the hell out of people for what their gaming cards still cant deliver.

okay guys. Update here. RAM should be shipping out on monday, and same thing with UV CCFLs and water pump. I might order my processor today too. So that will ship out sometime next week. Pics to come!

Back
Top Bottom