ok im about to order from newegg

Yeah, I'd also get the 8800 w/ the E6700. Quad core support won't be around for a long while; it's a waste of money IMO, because by the time they start making programs that take advantage of them, the ones now will seem slow! But DX10 (not to mention the 8800 is certainly a beast for DX9 too) is here now. Plus, if this is being used for gaming (I'd assume so :p) then it's a good idea to invest a lot into the graphics card; not to say you should skimp out on the processor, but the CPU doesn't play quite as big of a role in gaming.

Oh, and just curious, do you mean the 8800GTS or the GTX? If you meant the GTS, I'd get an E6600 and the GTX. The E6600 is plenty enough to run pretty much anything, and it's highly overclockable. The GTX is really a whole lot better than the GTS; much more than is first perceived.

i dont think it would lag on the 8800 exspsealy running direct x ten
um for money reasons im getting the 400 buck card but im getting it factory over clocked for free and the 6600

to tell you the truth i never really understood what makes a motherboard a good one lol :p

but you got a nice build on you hands.

Get the 8800 GTX, but you don't need the Q6600 just yet. Dual-core still does the job nicely. Not too many apps, especially games that take advantage of quad-core anyways. From a consumer's point of view, its simply not practical to have a quad-core yet.

EDIT>>>I guess you're getting the 8800 GTS. Still a good card.

Back
Top Bottom