clearing up disk space

hacksta

In Runtime
hey everyone, I have a 30G hard drive, and im down to 1g, In the past i downloaded lots of large games, and what not, I have been trying to clear disk space, up so i uninstalled any uncessary games, or anything and i still have low disk space, why?? how can i clear some up?

go to my computer and right click ya hard drive , then click disk cleanup , the delete all temp internet files and temp folders

also if you downloaded game setup files theese would also take up loads of disk space , try to either copy them to cd/dvd or delete them

im runnning a windows xp home edition after, i go to my computer and right click on my hard drive, i dont see any disk clean up explain more

soz was in a rush b4 , you have to go down to properties and then you will see the diskcleanup

erm like i said you may wanna delete any install files if you have the on your hdd , i usually burn a dvd if i wanna keep the install file

There's usually only one good way to create more room on a computer. The tip on disk clean up is a great temporary task, but that extra space will fill up with the same stuff that was in there beforehand (the files windows automatically downloads to your computer every time you visit a web site etc...).

To create room, you have to delete some of the stuff you've downloaded. You typed that you download alot of large games, after installing them, delete the file that was downloaded. Might want to put it to disk before hand to have it later. Those games do not need the files that were downloaded that installed the games. If push comes to shove, could always reformat your Hard Drive. Would lose all of your information and games, so would have to back them up, then only put the files back on that you want. It's kinda a large and long process (mostly after wards, getting all the info back on) but will not only fix the -out-of-room- problem, but any other problems you might have. If you've never installed an OS before, I wouldn't recommend it with out knowing how. Might be with out a computer for several days.

Ummm...guys, this isn't a programming issue. It probably belongs in General Hardware and Software Section.

Back
Top Bottom